11/11/05

"Why do we have to name names ...."-Elaine in Seinfeld

When it comes to remembering names, "Amnesia"- I remember. Often during conversations, I have realized, I completely ignore or pay attention to names, but can remember faces rather easily.

So it did not come as a surprise when I found myself fumbling while making these meeting minutes. Starting to fill in the attendee list should be fairly easy, right! But what do you say, if one of the attendees has a handwriting so twisted that it's like a Halloween night movie and worse yet, you can hardly recall his name. I tried applying Sherlock Holmes legendry methods trying to conjure hints into revealing the identity of this unknown participant - but to no consequence. I do remember one thing about the guy though- he told me his name twice.

After consultation with some of our more able colleagues, one of the ideas was to scan the attendees list & attach it to the minutes for distribution. The brilliance lies in the fact that whoever is going through these minutes would be responsible in deciphering the identity directly from the list. So until the next meeting, this guy will continue to be unknown or known as "that tall guy ....."

Meanwhile, I might have to resort to an innovative method at remembering names & faces. that's where my new cellphone comes in. Please do not think for a second that this entire story was made up to justify buying a new cellphone & my wife definitely doesn't need to know this. Well! Nokia 6230 and several such - have been the subject of my fantasies for quite awhile now. Curse you - you insensitive ebayer who has this strange policy of shipping on mondays - for having kept me apart from my name remembering machine in short - "Amnesia buster".

No comments: